Friday, June 3, 2011

Deciding on an idea

I struggled with what I was going to do for my animation. All I knew is that it had to be short and I had wanted to use an idea or characters that I already had, because I thought it would be easier and faster. Although the idea I'm at now is a completely new one, but more on that later.

I considered using a concept that I've had since I was in early high school. Using some of the animal characters but needing new characters, and using the story that I developed for a game design document in 2008, instead of the one I'd worked on in primary school. The only problem with this concept was that it was too vague, it would have ended up too big. The story wasn't simple enough.

I thought about doing an animated version of a short graphic memoir that I created last year, for a creative writing class. I decided against this idea too beacuse I didn't think I should be doing something that is about me...and it would probably have ended up too long.

Another manga that I completed in 2007 for my year 12 folio would also have ended up too long. There's only so much time I have to work on the animation and the longer the animation is the more time and effort it takes to complete...

No comments:

Post a Comment