Monday, June 20, 2011

Character sketches and turnarounds

After completing my storyboards I drew some pictures of the emus, the adult emu and the chick; using a book on birds as reference. Then I drew turnarounds for each of the characters, starting with the girl and boy and ending with the emu and its chick.
Then just drawing the characters in different poses to think about their character.






I drew photoshop versions of the two children, coloured and shaded.




After the character design I starting thinking about the layout of the desert, sketching some images of landscape, and then of the kids sitting under the tree from different angles. Then I tried to make notes about their character, and research aboriginal names. Although I still haven't decided on names for the characters.


No comments:

Post a Comment