Saturday, October 22, 2011

Chibi kids for start

One thing I've been thinking of doing, is adding chibi images of the main characters in the opening titles, when the text is drawing, so that there is something interesting to look at while the text is drawing. The picture would be of the children with all their gear as they would have looked at the start of their journey...it would either be a still image or an animation of them walking on or across the screen. And may or may not show them with their full gear fading into them in their current state at the start of the animation.
Something that would have been an interesting intro to each episode would be to show mini animations of how they lose each item to the current point of the series. It would be kind of like those clips at the start of an episode that refreshes the viewer what has happened in the last few episodes.

Yesterday I drew sketches of the two states, and scanned. Then yesterday I started converting a chibi run cycle to this new image. I started with the boy, adding a jacket, shoes, and his wagon with the contents. Today I added the bag and experimented with the colour of the boy's jacket. I think I'll go with a shade of red. I also completely finished the girl today.

Sketch:


Chibi boy with red jacket:


Chibi boy with blue jacket:


Chibi boy with green jacket:


Chibi kids together:

No comments:

Post a Comment