Friday, August 26, 2011

Animatic 18

Yesterday I spent the morning editing scene 22: the scene where the camera move up the emu as it towers over the boy. I made a replacement scene (22B) in which I inserted the scene 22 video interspersed with closeups of parts of the emu to make the scene more interesting and dramatic; it is also a technique that has been used in anime. I had to used three copies of the scene to place after each cut scene, in order to have the scene continue on from when it left off, rather than having it continue to play in the background with the extra parts playing over the top of it. The first cut is a close up of the beak, reused from the following scene, and the second is a close up of the eye, also taken from the following scene.

I found that the changes to the scene made the transition from this scene to the next (the close up of the emu's head with flames in the background) not as sharp. Now the change doesn't seem so dramatic that is would seem out of place; which is what I was starting to feel before, especially after I added a pulsing temple vein to the emu's head. It fits better now.

Some other things I did yesterday was to edit the movement and timing of the two scenes where the chase goes over Uluru. I made the movement better match the shape of the terrain they were running on and slowed it down a bit. I also added some variation in the relation of the emu to the children running. So it's not too close together, especially if the children are supposed to lose the emu in the following scene, although not quite the same on the way back.

I also made the happy emu head for scene 43, and some twinkling shines around the eyes. The glimmering of the emu's eyes look a little off, I'm not sure whether it's too subtle or if the shines are moving in the wrong way, but it should be hard to figure out.

No comments:

Post a Comment