Thursday, July 14, 2011

Painting Backgrounds 3

Today I painted the equilalent of another 5 backgrounds.
I tried experimenting with the paint for the children's drawing. I did the ground for the base. Then painted the drawing seperately, first painting it to look like scribbles in the ground, but that didn't work. So I got out some yellow acrylic paint, smeared it over one of the frames and draw into it using the end of my paintbrush. This could have worked but would have been more effective if the paper had been painted a darker colour than yellow before applying the acrylic.
So I tried another version where the frame was painted brown, and smeared some of the yellow left on my paintbrush onto it, but in a thinner layer. This was much more effective, as it was also easier to draw thinner lines with less paint.
I will probably use a combination of the frames, using masking and other tools to combine them to get the desired effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment